Here is the answer which I will give to President Roosevelt…Give us the tools, and we will finish the job. – Sir Winston Churchill
Tools empower. Knowing which tools to use and how to use them can make the difference between getting stuck and a job well done. But the reasons you need tools don’t stop there.
Essentials Tools to Boost your Business
Every virtual assistant needs a toolkit to both maintain as well as take their business to the next level. From productivity, to communication, to marketing and more, we’ve collected a thorough list of our favorite tools that will optimize your business performance, streamline your workflow, and help you make the most out of every minute of every day.
Business Apps & Digital Storage
- Google Apps for Work – Google offers professional email, online storage, shared calendars, video meetings and more. The apps are specifically designed for business and teams to share and collaborate securely, making it easy to collaborate with your clients, virtually.
- Dropbox – Safely, securely, and easily store all of your documents, which you have access to on your desktop and mobile devices, without needing to meet face-to-face.
- WiseStamp – Professional email signature designs with easily customizable templates will help you to gain exposure and win over new clients. You can also brand your clients’ emails to get them better response rates and improve their professional reputation.
Streak – Use this Customer Relations Management (CRM) inside Gmail. Manage your clients or work for your clients effectively and efficiently and expand sales, marketing and business development efforts.
- Boomerang – This is an awesome app that will help you be more productive and timely by enabling you to schedule the emails you send and sending you helpful reminders for follow-up.
- Hellosign for Gmail – Sign documents in 30 seconds or less. Now you can do it within Gmail as well as send, retrieve and save without having to print. Think about how much time and ink toner you’ll be saving.
Doodle.com -Trying to arrange a meeting that involves several people is a time-sucking hassle. Use Doodle to make scheduling simple.
- World Time Buddy – Being a virtual assistant can mean that your client is at one end of the world while you’re at the other. World Time Buddy will be your best friend to effortlessly compare multiple time zones, plan conference calls, webinars, international phone calls and web meetings.
- Timer tab – is an alarm clock, timer and stopwatch all rolled into a Chrome extension. Simple to use and hard to ignore, it’s the best way to make sure that you don’t miss an important call or deadline or spend too much time on one task.
Join.me – Easy screen sharing using powerful meeting tools and unlimited audio.
- UberConference – Hold a conference call the stress-free way with no pin numbers, the ability to share your screen and always knowing who joined and who you’re speaking with.
Google voice – Google voice is a super VA tool. Use it to make free calls, as an after hours voice mail and know who’s calling you even if you don’t recognize the number in caller ID.
Hellofax – Whether you like it or not, some people and companies still prefer to work with faxes. But with Hellofax this doesn’t have to be an issue. Hellofax is a reliable online faxing solution that will allow you to send and receive faxes from anywhere without owning a fax machine.
Social Media Management
- Pagemodo – You have a ton of tasks that you have to get done. Finding the time is really difficult. Use Pagemodo to customize your Facebook page (or your client’s!), design your FB cover photo and get your FB connections to interact with you. Check them out because there’s a ton you can use Pagemodo for!
- Buffer – Buffer is the easiest way to publish content on social media across multiple accounts. It’s also fast. Use it to save your valuable time for other important tasks.
- Postplanner – Many clients will ask you to post content to their social media accounts. Use Post Planner to post statuses that will help drive traffic to their website and turn fans into customers.
- Oktopost – Do you have big clients that need you to post social media content? No sweat. Oktopost lets you easily manage large-scale content distribution to social media, across all profiles, groups and company pages.
Canva – Often you’re going to want an image to accompany the great content you’re posting on social media. Use Canva to create eye-catching and professional graphics. No experience necessary.
- Social Media Image Maker – It’s really annoying when the pictures you need to post on social media are too big or too small. Use Social Media Image Maker to make images share-worthy.
PowToon – Use PowToon to create free animated marketing videos and video presentations for your client (or yourself!). It simple, intuitive and so much fun.
- Jing – Sometimes it’s so much easier to communicate with a picture. With Jing you can take snapshots of your screen and highlight and annotate them in minutes.
- GetResponse – The more jobs you can do, the more you’ll be worth to your clients and the more you can charge. GetResponse makes creating an email newsletter simple – just use a template, add photos, drag, drop and send. It’s that easy.
- MailChimp – Is the most popular email marketing solution. Use it to build fantastic email campaigns that get results.
- Madmimi – This is a great solution for creating, sending, sharing and tracking email newsletters. Use it to make email marketing simple, fun and powerful.
- Fiverr – Sometimes even virtual assistants could use a little help. Check out Fiverr – the marketplace for creative and professional freelance services.
99designs – Need a logo for your VA business? Check out 99 designs – the largest marketplace for sourcing graphic design talent.
Can be found on: http://professionals.wisestamp.com/virtual-assistants/resources/26-tools-every-virtual-assistant-should-be-using/